Welcome to EB Nutrition!
My passion for nutrition started in 2008 when I took Introduction to Nutrition 101 at The Ohio State University. And, as they say, the rest is history! Throughout college I was an intern at both Nestle and Walt Disney World and graduated in 2012 with Bachelors in Nutrition in Industry and a minor in Business. Both experiences provided me with the knowledge, expertise and passion which I use today in my own private practice.
After college I worked at a local Dayton running store and in 2015 I went back to school to obtain a second Bachelors in Dietetics at the University of Dayton and then my dietetic internship back at The Ohio State University in 2016.
For the first year and a half of my career I was working in a weight management clinic. I soon realized I had a passion for owning my own business, and in 2018 I opened Elizabeth Beil Nutrition, LLC. I continued to work part time as a clinical dietitian, but at the end of 2020, I decided to go full time with my business!
My Nutrition Philosophy
My approach to nutrition is personalized, realistic and practical. My goal is to work with you to understand the deeper meaning and reasoning behind your food choices.
My approach is geared towards intuitive eating, nourishment and fueling our bodies. If we restrict and “label” our food, then naturally, we are more likely to gravitate toward these “restricted” foods.
It is very easy to Google any type of “nutrition plan” or “diet.” These “plans,” however, fail to mention a cycle that will start: 1. Restriction of “forbidden foods” 2. Break restraint 3. Consumption of “forbidden food” and restriction 4. Leaving you to feel guilty and feelings of lack of control 5. Feelings of needing to restrict more, leading you back to number 1.
What do I provide as a dietitian? Personalization and accountability pieces these “plans” can’t offer.
- I work with those wanting to “ditch the diet” and focus on mindful and intuitive eating.
- I work with those going through and recovery from an eating disorder/ disordered eating patterns and thoughts.
- I also enjoying working those who are wanting to become more active or those who are active and wanting to fine tune their nutrition needs.
My overall commitment to my clients, is helping you develop a specialized plan to help meet your nutritional goals. If you are interested in working together, check out my Nutrition Services page for more information on my services.
5 Fun Facts
- I have ran 7 full marathons (26.2 miles) and multiple other races from 5k’s to half marathons. My favorite races are Run Disney events!
- I have a slight obsession with all things Disney and Harry Potter.
- I love to travel! Our last trip in 2019 was to Germany, Austria, Switzerland and France.
- My favorite food is steak with a side of mashed potatoes and an arugula salad.
- I have never owned a pet, but would love either a Pug or a French Bulldog one day.
Thank you for reading! Have a healthy day!